Followers

Friday 3 April 2020

Yoga with the Turtle.

OM Yogis!

Today's practice is an invitation to enter into your imagination and travel with the turtle deep into our beautiful Mother Gaia.
This is a SLO MO Experience. Where we can thrive in deep communion with our Amazing Earth.

A good practice to Ground / plug in / connect / get grateful 

These practices could stand alone, But are best done in Succession.

Please set a sacred Space. Ensure you get some time with Gaia. She needs to see you!

VIDEO LINK

Turtle part one
Turtle Part one - 25 mins
Poses : Malasana / Warrior 2 / Humble Warrior / Down Dog / Mountain.
NOTE: I forgot to add Humble Warrior on side 2 - so either skip it side one or add on yourself! Sorry!
Props : Optional Cushion for sitting

Turtle part two
Turtle Part Two - 35 mins
Poses : Tree / Reclined leg stretch / Staff pose.
Both Recordings respectfully include 'Earth body Grid Alignment' from Alexis Cartwright's 'Beyond doorways'.
Props : Strap / blanket for Savasana / cushion for pranayama and Mantra chanting.

Some of my Turtle Musings after practice.

"My body is borrowed.
This is my 'Earth body' and in relaxation I give it back. I surrender it back to the Earth where sooner of later it shall return. The Earth wants to hold her borrowed body - so that she can bring us both into resonance. This is healing for us both. When I hand myself over.
I feel the sea - in the waves of my breath. As I tune into the ocean of breath I feel more watery in my body. The dryness and rigidity is countered. A deep tide of expansion washes over me.
As I stand on the ground and push my feet downwards I stand strong in communion with Gaia. I bow to her, I feel a deep reverence for that which I stand for. There is strength in this. I feel her strength.
I sing down into my roots, dropping the notes deep into Gaia. Drawing her up, the notes raise to the top of my head. I am in conversation with the great mother. And it is good.
The roots speak of survival. I follow them into the confusion, what to do, who to believe, which way do I go. I feel the fear, can she cope? I feel tightness, tightness of fear gripping around my heart. And she speaks - 'Give it to me child of Gaia, give me back your earth body, surrender the fear , let go your confusion, soften yourself, give me space to heal us'
I lie back, I fall back, back into love, again and again, I fall in love with Gaia. We become one in love.
I dive into an ocean of love. In the waters of love, dry rocks become tiny pebbles, grains of sand. And Fear dissolves. I am out of fear. I am in love. And it is good.
This love gives me different eyes, I see beautiful Gaia all around me. She is in the clothes on my back, the floor of this house, and the books on the shelf.  All material things. All the borrowed things.
I sit up alert to her, with tears in my eyes, and I kiss the borrowed floor, I kiss my borrowed hands.
I feel love. I tell her I love her. I promise not to hurt her. I promise to serve her.
This is healing for us both.
Gaia reminds me everything is borrowed. Take care of it. Receive this abundance with gratitude. Give back gracefully, Never waste. Be respectful. Steer clear of fear, it is a dry barren land. Be kind. Dive into the deepest waters of your heart.  Again and again and again remember what is borrowed and Fall back into Love. Lie on the earth, connect to the earth. From time to time, Give back your borrowed body.
My body belongs to her. It all belongs to her. Remind yourself everyday. Fall in love over and over. head over heels in love. Be humble in love, humbled by love, rolling in the waves of love, ride the currents of love.

And Let love - be the roots of all action."

Julie xx

Special Thanks to
Alexis Cartwright
Nareena Gaia
David Sye
Becky May
Pachamama
And the Turtles!!

Please Note -
These Practices are recorded as rough drafts!
They are imperfect and need polishing... But I love them and feel they are worth a share!
Most of the asana practices on this blog are intended for the progression of an established practice of yoga. Over time I will try to add more stuff that is suitable for beginners. This will be clearly labelled as Suitable for beginners.
Its worth revisiting this blog if you are interested in this, as I will be adding more beginners practices to each session as time goes by.

Namaste beautiful's,

Love Julie.






No comments:

Post a Comment